Friday, June 15, 2012

Bliss Building: Decision Making Is The Key To Your Balanced Life

One of the biggest problems we face today is the decision making process. We, as a society are not good at it. We 'hum' and we 'hah' and we question ourselves. We second guess ourselves at every turn.

It's no wonder that we aren't happy. We are constantly bombarded each day with a list of decisions to make and it's one of the hardest things to do. We get frustrated. We get angry. We get lethargic and start to procrastinate because it's too difficult to make a decision. So we decide to decide tomorrow.

This is not a good way to put balance back into your life and it's not a good bliss builder. Learning how to make a decision is key to creating the life you want and deserve.

Making decisions is really the first step to anything in life and is often underestimated. You need to remember that you have choices and you were born with freewill. It's up to you to create the life that you want.

Making the decision can often be the most difficult part; but once it's made and committed to, you can't go back. It's so vitally important to your life journey; and yet no one teaches us HOW to make decisions. It's just expected that you will be good at it as soon as you pop out of the womb. This is a ridiculous concept.

Taking The First Step

Napoleon Hill wrote in his famous book, Think and Grow Rich, that an analysis done of over 25,000 men and women who had experienced failure in life disclosed the fact that lack of decision was at the top of the list of the 30 main causes of failure. This is pretty conclusive evidence that not only do we overlook decision but we also underestimate its power in the path to success.

The first step in anything is making a decision. You make a decision to get up in the morning. You make a decision on what to have for breakfast. You make a decision to brush your teeth (or not!). Your day is nothing but a series of decisions; one after the other.

The decisions you make determine the course of your life. If you're making a decision to stay in bed until noon and not brush your teeth, or eat breakfast and then getting up and start drinking vodka; then you're making a decision to live that lifestyle. It's completely your choice.

Making a Choice

We were all given free will. We were all given the opportunity to choose our own lives. Sure, certain things might happen to us in the course of our lives; but we are still faced with the choice as to how we react to that occurrence.

I have not personally made the best choices in my life. When my Dad passed away I chose to blame the world and I became very angry and bitter. Rather than choosing to continue living the life that I had been; doing well in school and creating a great life, I chose a different path.

I chose to get angry, I chose to react, and I chose to do drugs. It led to a life of bitterness, disappointment and fear. But in the end, it was all my choice. No one forced me to do drugs and become an addict. I knew the consequences of my actions and I chose to act anyway.

Maybe you've had times in your life where you might regret the choices you've made. Everyone experiences some sort of heartache throughout the course of their lives. It's not important how you might have chosen back then to react to the situation. Whatever experience you've gone through; it has made you stronger and you're now sitting here reading this article on how to make your life better. You're choosing to build bliss and bring balance back into your life.

Decision Time

Whatever decisions and choices you've made in your past; they have led you to this moment in your life. This is the moment when you can make a decision to change your life. You can create whatever you want out of your life. You can choose to continue down a destructive path; or you can choose to bring balance back. No one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.

But I ask you:

When was the last time you felt the desire to laugh out loud simply because you felt joy inside?

What is it that you truly want out of life?

What were your dreams as a child?

When you look at your life now, in this present moment, what are you truly grateful for?

When you think about your future, what is it that you dream of?

Do you feel like you're living up to your full potential?

These are just some of the questions to think of when you're wondering what decision to make. It's time to make the decision.

Hell Yes or Hell No

There are many techniques available for making a decision. Some people have a long and involved process that can take an entire day to come up with an answer for themselves. Other people decide in an instant.

I have my own technique that I'd like to share with you. It might work for you and it might not. It works for me and you can take it or leave it; the CHOICE IS YOURS!

I have reached a clear conclusion as to who I am and what my heart really wants. Spending some time figuring this out is crucial to this technique so you may want to spend some time listening to your heart and figuring out what you really want out of life and for yourself.

When it comes to making a decision I simply ask myself, "Is it a hell yes, or a hell no?" There are no maybe's in my world. The consequences of my decision either truly excite me and pull me toward my true self and help me, or they don't.

Even when it comes to simple decisions as to what to eat; don't say things like, "It's up to you," or, "Whatever, I don't care." It's either a HELL YES or a HELL NO! You're either really excited about it or you have no desire whatsoever. Why would you waste your time on something in this short life that doesn't excite you? Go for the things that make your heart scream HELL YES!

When?

There comes a point in your life when it's time. It's time to change, it's time to step forward, and it's time to be who you were meant to be.

It took me many years to make the decision. It just about killed me. I did some really stupid things with my life that I'm not proud of. I'm here to show you that you don't have to live that same life. You don't need to suffer.

I leave you with this question. If you're not going to step into your power now, when will you? Is tomorrow your day? Is it next year? Why not just DECIDE now and move forward?

It's DECISION time.



This news article is brought to you by RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE - where latest news are our top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment